Starlight Racing's Algorithms, winner of the Jan. 29 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) in his most recent start, has returned from a layup and is galloping daily at Belmont Park under the supervision of trainer Todd Pletcher.
Two-year-old males will be in the spotlight in the Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 5 when Saratoga brings the curtain down on its 2011 meet.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
By first-crop sire Afleet Alex and from the successful family of Sunday Evening comes Dublin, winner of the historic Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I).
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas earned his fifth victory in the $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful (gr. I) when favored Dublin posted a two-length win on closing day of the 2009 Saratoga Race Course meet Sept. 7.
Desert Party, hoping to justify the $2.1 million sales-topping price Darley Stable paid at Fasig-Tipton Calder's 2-year-olds in training sale in February, faces seven rivals in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness