Starlight Racing's Algorithms, winner of the Jan. 29 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) in his most recent start, has returned from a layup and is galloping daily at Belmont Park under the supervision of trainer Todd Pletcher.
Two-year-old males will be in the spotlight in the Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 5 when Saratoga brings the curtain down on its 2011 meet.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
By first-crop sire Afleet Alex and from the successful family of Sunday Evening comes Dublin, winner of the historic Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I).
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas earned his fifth victory in the $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful (gr. I) when favored Dublin posted a two-length win on closing day of the 2009 Saratoga Race Course meet Sept. 7.
Desert Party, hoping to justify the $2.1 million sales-topping price Darley Stable paid at Fasig-Tipton Calder's 2-year-olds in training sale in February, faces seven rivals in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm