Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014