Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita