Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive