Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents