Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job