Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame