Michael Moran's McDynamo earned an unprecedented third consecutive victory in North America's richest steeplechase, the $200,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at a rainy Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Michael Moran's McDynamo, winner of the last two runnings of the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), heads a field of eight entered in a rare steeplechase at the Meadowlands Saturday night.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby