Grade I winner Daytona, a front-running win machine since last October, aims for his sixth victory in seven starts in the $250,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on Memorial Day, May 26, at Hollywood Park.
Noonmark, who dropped down to allowance-optional claiming as late as September of 2007, looks for his second graded stakes score of the year when he takes on eight older horses in the $250,000 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) May 3.
Hickory Tree Stables' Rebellion, idle since running eighth in the Oct. 27 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), stormed down the lane April 12 to catch longshot Elite Squadron by a head in the final strides in the $400,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) on the Keeneland Polytrack.
Zappa, the longest shot in the field, captured his graded stakes debut in the $150,000 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) at sizzling Santa Anita Jan. 12.
Arson Squad joins six of the seven original starters for the Jan. 12 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II). The event was canceled a week earlier at Santa Anita due to track conditions.
The Brazilian-bred Molengao, a two-time grade II winner last year for trainer Paulo Lobo, returns from a six-month layoff in the $150,000 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness