After disappointing his connections with an uncharacteristically poor showing in the $5-million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I), Kip Deville returns to Belmont Park in hopes of reprising one of his most authoritative victories in the $100,000 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT) on June 14.
Castleton Lyons' Gio Ponti, who has established himself as one of the top 3-year-old turf runners in the nation this year, looks to return to his winning ways when he takes on six sophomores in the $250,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) Oct. 4 at Belmont Park.
Gustav Schickedanz's Marlang made his first start outside of Canada a successful one, as he took his rivals all the way around the Saratoga turf to win the $111,100 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths Aug. 31.
Willmott Stables' Wesley moved from last to first on the final turn before breaking free from a tightly-bunched field in deep stretch to win the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 4.
Bill Mott, a Hall of Fame trainer in his own right, goes after his sixth win in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Aug. 4 with morning-line favorite Adriano.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate