After failing to attract a qualified bid for Santa Anita Park this summer, bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. is prepared to try it again early next year. Meanwhile, a committee of horse owners from the Thoroughbred Owners of California is continuing to negotiate the purchase of the picturesque 303-acre racetrack, site of the 2009 Breeders' Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes