Morning Line, a grade I-winning son of Tiznow, will stand at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky for 2014. The Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) runner-up will stand for $10,000.
Capital Account and Coil gave trainer Bob Baffert a one-two finish in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Morning Line wanted no part of the starting gate at Betfair Hollywood Park, but once he finally acquiesced there was no catching the grade I winner in the $150,000 Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 5.
Morning Line collared favored Apriority inside the sixteenth pole to win the $250,000 Carter Handicap (gr. I) April 9 at Aqueduct. It was the first grade I win for the 4-year-old son of Tiznow.
Triple Crown contender Dialed In got the two-turn workout he needed in a 1 1/8-mile Gulfstream Park allowance race March 6. What trainer Nick Zito's 1-5 favorite in the five-horse field didn't get was the victory.
Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) winner Morning Line is made the 7-2 morning line favorite for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
Passed in upper stretch by A Little Warm, Morning Line battled back along the rail to get up by a neck in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) to win his stakes debut for trainer Nick Zito at Parx Racing Sept. 25.
Rapport set blazing factions and still had something left in the tank for the stretch drive, as she rolled to a dominating 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III)Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The much anticipated return of Sidney's Candy became a bit of a disappointment when the 2-year-old was beaten by Tiny Woods, finishing fourth in an allowance race at Santa Anita.
Thoroughbred Legends Racing Stable has appointed Stacy Schanher Berge as director of investor relations.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout