Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Favored Kafwain and Bull Market, a pair of Bob Baffert-trained juveniles, battled through the stretch Saturday in the $200,000 Norfolk (gr. II) at Santa Anita, with the Thoroughbred Corporation's Kafwain scoring a nose victory over his stablemate.
Bobby Frankel attempts to become the all-time leading trainer in the storied history of the Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he sends out Dance Dreamer Saturday in the 70th running of the turf feature.
Sent off at odds of 3-5, multiple grade I winner Habibti ran out of the money in Sunday's $75,000 Torrey Pines for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Del Mar, a race won by longshot Got Koko.
Atlantic Ocean, a record $1.9 million filly purchase at the March Barretts' sale for 2-year-olds, broke her maiden in her third attempt Thursday at Del Mar, defeating a field of seven opponents going a mile.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner War Emblem, who also has victories in the Kentucky Derby ( gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) this year, was back in his stall at Del Mar Wednesday morning, and already making it known he is a candidate for the $1 million Pacific Classic (gr. I) on August 25.
War Emblem tops Bob Baffert's wedding cake and Monmouth Park's celebration cake.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Subtle Power will return to the barn of Henry Cecil, his former trainer, to race in Europe next year, according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day