Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Favored Kafwain and Bull Market, a pair of Bob Baffert-trained juveniles, battled through the stretch Saturday in the $200,000 Norfolk (gr. II) at Santa Anita, with the Thoroughbred Corporation's Kafwain scoring a nose victory over his stablemate.
Bobby Frankel attempts to become the all-time leading trainer in the storied history of the Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he sends out Dance Dreamer Saturday in the 70th running of the turf feature.
Sent off at odds of 3-5, multiple grade I winner Habibti ran out of the money in Sunday's $75,000 Torrey Pines for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Del Mar, a race won by longshot Got Koko.
Atlantic Ocean, a record $1.9 million filly purchase at the March Barretts' sale for 2-year-olds, broke her maiden in her third attempt Thursday at Del Mar, defeating a field of seven opponents going a mile.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner War Emblem, who also has victories in the Kentucky Derby ( gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) this year, was back in his stall at Del Mar Wednesday morning, and already making it known he is a candidate for the $1 million Pacific Classic (gr. I) on August 25.
War Emblem tops Bob Baffert's wedding cake and Monmouth Park's celebration cake.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Subtle Power will return to the barn of Henry Cecil, his former trainer, to race in Europe next year, according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix