The new 20% on-track Pick Six bonus at Santa Anita Park rewarded three bettors Jan. 6. They will each bag $8,776.20 thanks to the track bonus rather than $7,313.20, which is what nine other winning tickets paid.
Catesby W. Clay of Runnymede Farm believes the Thoroughbred industry will bounce back, as it has in the past.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Seth Hancock, president of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., will be the honored guest at the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual testimonial dinner Oct. 15 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is PA Derby Best Spot For 'Chrome'?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session