The new 20% on-track Pick Six bonus at Santa Anita Park rewarded three bettors Jan. 6. They will each bag $8,776.20 thanks to the track bonus rather than $7,313.20, which is what nine other winning tickets paid.
Catesby W. Clay of Runnymede Farm believes the Thoroughbred industry will bounce back, as it has in the past.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Seth Hancock, president of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., will be the honored guest at the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual testimonial dinner Oct. 15 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format