The new 20% on-track Pick Six bonus at Santa Anita Park rewarded three bettors Jan. 6. They will each bag $8,776.20 thanks to the track bonus rather than $7,313.20, which is what nine other winning tickets paid.
Catesby W. Clay of Runnymede Farm believes the Thoroughbred industry will bounce back, as it has in the past.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Seth Hancock, president of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., will be the honored guest at the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual testimonial dinner Oct. 15 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution