The new 20% on-track Pick Six bonus at Santa Anita Park rewarded three bettors Jan. 6. They will each bag $8,776.20 thanks to the track bonus rather than $7,313.20, which is what nine other winning tickets paid.
Catesby W. Clay of Runnymede Farm believes the Thoroughbred industry will bounce back, as it has in the past.
Sunday's grade III, $125,000-added Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes at Keeneland drew a field of 11 fillies and mares.
Seth Hancock, president of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., will be the honored guest at the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual testimonial dinner Oct. 15 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm