Bits and pieces from around the industry...
"Thoroughbred Classics," a series that spotlights some of horse racing's greatest races, has returned following a two-month hiatus. Last spring, the series focused on horse racing's Triple Crown. This summer and fall, the 13-episode series, that airs on ESPN Classic, will serve as a lead up to the 2001 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Some of the most stirring near-misses in Triple Crown history will be chronicled on ESPN Classic this week on "Thoroughbred Classics Presented by the NTRA."
Thoroughbred Classics Presented by the NTRA will feature 17 program this year, with the first segment focused on the Triple Crown. Thoroughbred Classics will debut Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. (EDT) on ESPN Classic with a retrospective on this Saturday's Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Red Ready to Get Back to Work
- Governor Malibu Takes Gander at Aqueduct
- Tommy Macho Sails Away in Fred Hooper
- Lady Shipman Aces Season Debut
- Tammy the Torpedo Speeds to Suwannee Score
- El NiÃ±o Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Decoupling Surfaces in Florida Legislature
- Fasig-Tipton Ky Winter Mixed Sale Preview
- Grade I Winner Strapping Groom to Panama
- 'Kobe', 'Salutos' Meet in Palos Verdes