As part of the 2015 Eclipse Awards Week-long events, ThoroFan will honor an industry favorite at its third annual awards breakfast sponsored by Red Brand Fence Co. Jan. 16.
Mucho Macho Man's nose victory in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) was voted by fans as the 2013 National Thoroughbred Racing Association's "Moment of the Year."
Dr. Kendall Hansen has pledged 1% of his namesakes earnings from the May 5 Kentucky Derby to help ThoroFan, a fan organization.
On Jan. 31, ThoroFan is partnering with the Union Grille at the Saratoga Hilton to conduct a fundraiser for the retired racehorses at Saratoga County's Bobby Frankel division of Old Friends.
- By Tom LaMarra
Positive trends in the public perception of horse racing reinforce the need for the industry to work even harder, horsemen were told Dec. 5.
New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Inc. has donated a ceramic lawn jockey, painted with the silks of owner Jess Jackson's colors, to the fan-based organization ThoroFan, which will use the iconic image of racing to help raise money for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Texas horseman Keith Asmussen has been named to the advisory board of ThoroFan, an independent not-for-profit organization that aims "to provide Thoroughbred racing fans with a voice and an organization that will actively support their interests."
Michael Amo's innovative idea for Thoroughbred racing's first organization dedicated solely to fans started innocently enough.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic