Horatius, sire of Eclipse Award winner Safely Kept, died Feb. 3 in his paddock at Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
A son of Touch Gold topped day two of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale at Timonium, Md when Wensleydale Farm purchased the Maryland-bred colt, named Master Stroke, out of the Thornmar consignment.
Horatius, whose 24 stakes winners include champion Safely Kept and classic runner-up Oliver's Twist, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Mr. and Mrs. Charles McGinnes' Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David