Horatius, sire of Eclipse Award winner Safely Kept, died Feb. 3 in his paddock at Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
A son of Touch Gold topped day two of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale at Timonium, Md when Wensleydale Farm purchased the Maryland-bred colt, named Master Stroke, out of the Thornmar consignment.
Horatius, whose 24 stakes winners include champion Safely Kept and classic runner-up Oliver's Twist, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Mr. and Mrs. Charles McGinnes' Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby