Horatius, sire of Eclipse Award winner Safely Kept, died Feb. 3 in his paddock at Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
A son of Touch Gold topped day two of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale at Timonium, Md when Wensleydale Farm purchased the Maryland-bred colt, named Master Stroke, out of the Thornmar consignment.
Horatius, whose 24 stakes winners include champion Safely Kept and classic runner-up Oliver's Twist, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Mr. and Mrs. Charles McGinnes' Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz