Horatius, sire of Eclipse Award winner Safely Kept, died Feb. 3 in his paddock at Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
A son of Touch Gold topped day two of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale at Timonium, Md when Wensleydale Farm purchased the Maryland-bred colt, named Master Stroke, out of the Thornmar consignment.
Horatius, whose 24 stakes winners include champion Safely Kept and classic runner-up Oliver's Twist, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Mr. and Mrs. Charles McGinnes' Thornmar near Chestertown, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Bode's Dream Makes Return in House Party