A weanling colt by Tapit was purchased by agent Ben Glass for $250,000 to top the Nov. 10 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. Overall, the session saw a continuation of the trend throughout the sale in which numbers declined in all major statistical categories.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
The first two days of the Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale mirrored most other public auctions conducted over the past couple of years.
Keeneland's September Yearling Sale continued to post significant gains on Wednesday, driven in part by an active contingent of international buyers.
A bay son from the only crop sired by grade I winner Booklet brought the top price of $500,000 Tuesday at the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. John Brocklebank, agent, purchased the colt from Vinery.
Robert Congleton, whose Hasty Queen II was 1984 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year, died March 29 of heart failure.
Day 11 of the Keeneland September yearling sale saw buyers spend $5,783,200, which was good enough to push the sale's total to more than $318 million, topping the all-time mark for a single sale. There is little rest for the happy yet weary Keeneland sales crew; the marathon 14-day sale still has three more sessions to go.
Keeneland received approximately 1,500 nominations for its September yearling sale by its first deadline.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks