Bidding for his first win at the top level, Ryan Mark needed an outstretched neck and last stride lunge to capture the NZ$200,000 Sistema Railway Stakes (NZ-I) Jan. 1 at Ellerslie.
Shamal Win took the Oakleigh Plate and Suavito captured the Futurity Stakes (both Aus-I) Feb. 28 at Caulfield Racecourse.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A long-range plan ended perfectly Oct. 27 when Ocean Park wore down All Too Hard in the closing stages and captured the $3-million Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I), Australia's premier weight-for-age race.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping