Bidding for his first win at the top level, Ryan Mark needed an outstretched neck and last stride lunge to capture the NZ$200,000 Sistema Railway Stakes (NZ-I) Jan. 1 at Ellerslie.
Shamal Win took the Oakleigh Plate and Suavito captured the Futurity Stakes (both Aus-I) Feb. 28 at Caulfield Racecourse.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A long-range plan ended perfectly Oct. 27 when Ocean Park wore down All Too Hard in the closing stages and captured the $3-million Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I), Australia's premier weight-for-age race.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes