Bidding for his first win at the top level, Ryan Mark needed an outstretched neck and last stride lunge to capture the NZ$200,000 Sistema Railway Stakes (NZ-I) Jan. 1 at Ellerslie.
Shamal Win took the Oakleigh Plate and Suavito captured the Futurity Stakes (both Aus-I) Feb. 28 at Caulfield Racecourse.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A long-range plan ended perfectly Oct. 27 when Ocean Park wore down All Too Hard in the closing stages and captured the $3-million Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I), Australia's premier weight-for-age race.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner