The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga fall mixed and horses of racing age sale generated results that were encouraging to the company's officials.
John's Call, a grade I winner and millionaire for Douglas Joyce, was euthanized Feb. 18 at trainer Tom Voss' farm near Monkton, Md.
Trillium Stable's Dreadnaught closed out his 2004 campaign with back-to-back graded stakes victories, coming from off the pace with a dramatic surge to nip Demeteor by a neck with a dramatic surge in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap at 1 1/2 miles on the Calder Turf Course Saturday.
Former hurdler Dreadnaught won an all-out stretch duel with Certifiably Crazy for his first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
A Baltimore County (Maryland) Circuit Court jury was scheduled to begin hearing testimony Tuesday in a $4-million lawsuit filed by a trainer against another trainer over the design of an artificial track.
John's Call, the 9-year-old gelding who's become a fan favorite, will be supplemented to the Breeders' Cup Turf on Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs, says his trainer Tom Voss.
Trillium Stable's John's Call drew off through the stretch to an impressive 9 1/4-length victory in the $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees