"The Castle," a prominent structure on Versailles Road in Woodford County, Ky., suffered severe damage Monday night when a fire apparently started around 8 p.m.
The real estate market has been busy in Central Kentucky, starting in November when the successful Keeneland sales brought lookers to the area. Some of the farms which changed hands already have ties to the Thoroughbred industry, while a Versailles landmark could soon be linked to horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Armin van Buuren Tops Preakness InfieldFest
- Status Quo for 2015-16 Florida Racing Dates
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations