Churchill Downs Inc. announced Thursday that the company had initiated a formal succession-planning process for the position of president and chief executive officer, which is currently held by Thomas H. Meeker. Meeker's current employment contract with CDI will expire in March 2007. Meeker plans to retire from the company and step down from its board of directors upon the expiration of his employment contract.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud