Churchill Downs Inc. president and chief executive officer Thomas H. Meeker said Friday that the Louisville, Ky. racetrack operating company had no plans to relocate corporate headquarters.
North America's three largest horseracing organizations - Magna Entertainment Corp., Churchill Downs Incorporated and the New York Racing Association Inc. - have instituted new security measures at all totalisator vendors' facilities.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Woodbine Set for 2015 WEGCares Initiaitive
- Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Saratoga Race Meet Highlights 2015