Churchill Downs Inc. president and chief executive officer Thomas H. Meeker said Friday that the Louisville, Ky. racetrack operating company had no plans to relocate corporate headquarters.
North America's three largest horseracing organizations - Magna Entertainment Corp., Churchill Downs Incorporated and the New York Racing Association Inc. - have instituted new security measures at all totalisator vendors' facilities.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant