Churchill Downs Inc. president and chief executive officer Thomas H. Meeker said Friday that the Louisville, Ky. racetrack operating company had no plans to relocate corporate headquarters.
North America's three largest horseracing organizations - Magna Entertainment Corp., Churchill Downs Incorporated and the New York Racing Association Inc. - have instituted new security measures at all totalisator vendors' facilities.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test