Churchill Downs Inc. president and chief executive officer Thomas H. Meeker said Friday that the Louisville, Ky. racetrack operating company had no plans to relocate corporate headquarters.
North America's three largest horseracing organizations - Magna Entertainment Corp., Churchill Downs Incorporated and the New York Racing Association Inc. - have instituted new security measures at all totalisator vendors' facilities.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory