NYRA is under investigation for illegally maintaining a higher takeout rate on some exotic wagers for 15 months. The governor said his administration is working on a "reform package."
State investigators wasted little time launching a full-scale probe of the New York Racing Association.
The New York Racing Association is masking financial troubles and is not taking steps state auditors have urged in the past to right its fiscal condition, the state's chief fiscal watchdog said Jan. 24.
Just days after being praised by state officials for their fiscal openness, officials with the New York Racing Association were enduring a new round of criticism after revelations it had overcharged bettors on exotic wagers.
The New York Racing Association, which has a long tradition of clashing with state government officials, faces a new review of its books by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
Nine years after first being approved, the last major hurdle for the Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino project was cleared Sept. 13 when the state's chief fiscal watchdog gave his approval for the project.
The financial health of off-track betting corporations in New York is "substantially" deteriorating, and policymakers must react by considering different options.
The New York Racing Association, as expected, backed down from its refusal to cooperate with a review of its finances by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
The New York Racing Association, which says it will run out of money next year, will not open up its books to let New York's chief fiscal watchdog examine its operations to verify those claims.
Most Popular Stories
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014