Hard Not to Like hit the wire first in the $150,000 Lambholm South Endeavour Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 31 but was disqualified, moving favored Testa Rossi into the winner's circle at Tampa Bay Downs.
New York-bred Zivo came with a powerful late run up the rail and snatched away victory from pacesetter Moreno in the $500,000 Suburban Stakes (gr. II) July 5 at Belmont Park.
The 7-5 odds on Captain Serious in the $125,000 Mike Lee Stakes turned out to be a gift on New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park May 31, when the undefeated son of Successful Appeal trounced his rivals while geared down.
In her first start since finishing second in last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT), Testa Rossi overpowered 11 other 3-year-old fillies in the stretch to post a 3 1/2-length victory in the Florida Oaks.
Making her first start in the United States, French import Testa Rossi came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose over Sky Painter Oct. 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- West Point to Sponsor BC Betting Challenge
- Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Semifinalists Named