Get Stormy, making his first start since he was eased out of the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) last fall, led throughout in the Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap Feb. 11 for his third grade I win.
Get Stormy, winner of consecutive grade I turf events this spring, appears to be taking a couple of steps down the class ladder in the $250,000 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 12 at Monmouth Park.
Left alone on the front end, favored Get Stormy kicked away in the stretch and breezed to victory in the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) in a swift time on the Mellon Turf Course at Saratoga Aug. 1.
His five-race winning streak snapped last month in Canada, Get Stormy looks to get back to his winning ways in the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga turf Aug. 1.
The wire came just in time for front-running Get Stormy, who gutted out the final couple of strides to nose the relentless Street Move in the $112,100 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 15.
Get Stormy disproved the notion that he was a "need the lead" type when he ran down pacesetter Major Marvel in the lane on his way to victory in the $125,000 Bryan Station Stakes (gr. IIIT) over a yielding Keeneland turf course Oct. 18.
Smart N Pretty got under the wire first, but Regal Engagement was awarded victory in the $250,000 Woodford Reserve Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) Friday afternoon at Pimlico.
Donald and Adam Newman's Tani Maru gained command with about a half mile to go and galloped home to a convincing 9 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $97,000 Larry Riviello President's Cup at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint