Baghdaria made up a 2 1/2-length disadvantage in the stretch to collar the co-favorite Maggie Slew in the final stages to win the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows Friday night.
The promised improvement in weather didn't arrive at Arlington Park, Saturday's host for the 2002 Breeders' Cup, in time for racing Friday, where three one hundred grand stakes were run on a sloppy main track and yielding turf course.
Lone Star Sky heads a small field of five runners in the 100th renewal of this famous stakes for 2-year-olds Wednesday, but his trainer, Thomas Amoss, may not make the trip from Louisville.
Good Journey and Pat Day team to win the Firecracker at Churchill Downs on July Fourth.
Heritage of Gold and Beautiful Pleasure continued preparing for their expected rematch in the $400,000 Personal Ensign Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 25, completing workouts at that track Friday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage