Trainer Thomas Albertrani will serve a 30-day suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited substance at Keeneland in October.
D. Wayne Lukas pauses from his morning duties to give his view on the Travers. The well-spoken Hall of Fame trainer has, as always, an insightful opinion on the race.
Darley Stables' Songster posted his fourth workout Thursday morning over the Saratoga main track since winning the Woody Stephens Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park on June 10.
Deputy Glitters, under a determined ride from Rene Douglas, prevailed in a long stretch drive over 11-10 favorite High Cotton to capture the $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) by a neck at Thistledown Saturday.
Darley Stable's Bernardini quickly drew away from favored Luxembourg at the head of the stretch to win the $142,500 Withers (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at a mile Saturday on Aqueduct's fast main track.
Sauvage, a French-bred filly making her second start in New York, found room at the rail to rally to an upset Sunday in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at 11 furlongs on the turf.
Darley Stable's Balletto rallied late after ducking away from wavering leader Sis City near the eighth pole to win the $500,000 Frizette (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Averill's R Angel Katelyn Set for Florida Cup Day
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Olorda Brings Back Class to Orchid Stakes
- Federal Bills Aim to Increase Industry Participation