Trainer Thomas Albertrani will serve a 30-day suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited substance at Keeneland in October.
D. Wayne Lukas pauses from his morning duties to give his view on the Travers. The well-spoken Hall of Fame trainer has, as always, an insightful opinion on the race.
Darley Stables' Songster posted his fourth workout Thursday morning over the Saratoga main track since winning the Woody Stephens Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park on June 10.
Deputy Glitters, under a determined ride from Rene Douglas, prevailed in a long stretch drive over 11-10 favorite High Cotton to capture the $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) by a neck at Thistledown Saturday.
Darley Stable's Bernardini quickly drew away from favored Luxembourg at the head of the stretch to win the $142,500 Withers (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at a mile Saturday on Aqueduct's fast main track.
Sauvage, a French-bred filly making her second start in New York, found room at the rail to rally to an upset Sunday in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at 11 furlongs on the turf.
Darley Stable's Balletto rallied late after ducking away from wavering leader Sis City near the eighth pole to win the $500,000 Frizette (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24