Multiple grade I winner Giant Oak has been named the Illinois Horse of the Year and champion older handicap male for 2011
Pomeroys Pistol, winner of a graded stakes at Gulfstream Park earlier this year and coming off a solid effort in the Breeders' Cup, is the one to beat in the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) Dec. 10.
Gary and Mary West's homebred Major Gain broke his maiden in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 11, coming from off the pace to win by a length on the Arlington Polytrack.
Juveniles of both sexes take the spotlight Sept. 11 at Arlington Park with the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) and $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) sharing top billing on the nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules