Zambezi Sun rolled to an impressive five-length victory in the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I), a race that was marred by the spill of Eagle Mountain and jockey Kieren Fallon.
Team Valor's outsider Sweet Stream pulled a major upset in the Prix Vermeille (Fr.-I) at Longchamp Sunday, defeating a field of fillies that included recent French Oaks (Fr-I) winner Latice.
Only three accepted the challenge of facing Bago in Sunday's Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp, but the undefeated colt had to work for his half-length victory over Irish-bred Cacique.
Bago, France's leading 2-year-old in 2003, kept his perfect record intact Sunday in his season debut with an impressive victory in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly.
The third time was the charm for 7-year-old Execute in Sunday's Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp after finishing second in the race the past two years.
The Nairchos Family's Bago bounded into next year's European Classic picture with a six-length romp in Saturday's Criterium International (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory