Zambezi Sun rolled to an impressive five-length victory in the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I), a race that was marred by the spill of Eagle Mountain and jockey Kieren Fallon.
Team Valor's outsider Sweet Stream pulled a major upset in the Prix Vermeille (Fr.-I) at Longchamp Sunday, defeating a field of fillies that included recent French Oaks (Fr-I) winner Latice.
Only three accepted the challenge of facing Bago in Sunday's Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp, but the undefeated colt had to work for his half-length victory over Irish-bred Cacique.
Bago, France's leading 2-year-old in 2003, kept his perfect record intact Sunday in his season debut with an impressive victory in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly.
The third time was the charm for 7-year-old Execute in Sunday's Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp after finishing second in the race the past two years.
The Nairchos Family's Bago bounded into next year's European Classic picture with a six-length romp in Saturday's Criterium International (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Kettle Corn Gets First Winner at Belterra Park