Zambezi Sun rolled to an impressive five-length victory in the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I), a race that was marred by the spill of Eagle Mountain and jockey Kieren Fallon.
Team Valor's outsider Sweet Stream pulled a major upset in the Prix Vermeille (Fr.-I) at Longchamp Sunday, defeating a field of fillies that included recent French Oaks (Fr-I) winner Latice.
Only three accepted the challenge of facing Bago in Sunday's Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp, but the undefeated colt had to work for his half-length victory over Irish-bred Cacique.
Bago, France's leading 2-year-old in 2003, kept his perfect record intact Sunday in his season debut with an impressive victory in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly.
The third time was the charm for 7-year-old Execute in Sunday's Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp after finishing second in the race the past two years.
The Nairchos Family's Bago bounded into next year's European Classic picture with a six-length romp in Saturday's Criterium International (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie