German-bred Daveron, C.S. Silk, and Never Retreat, all graded stakes winners in 2011, headline an overflow field of 12 fillies and mares, plus two also-eligibles for the Oct. 8 First Lady Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Behind a wall of horses with nowhere to go, Winter Memories somehow found a way out, passing the entire field inside the sixteenth pole to win the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) in unbelievable fashion Sept. 17 at Belmont Park.
Winter Memories, beaten for the first time this season last out as the heavy favorite, shoots for her first grade I win in the $250,000 Garden City Stakes Sept. 17 at Belmont Park.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
With an excellent race record, a fine pedigree, and superb conformation, Bernardini looked as close to a sure thing as exists in the ranks of prospective stallions.
Bernardini leads the freshman sire ranks by number of graded stakes winners and also is the leader with four contenders in the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Delegator, who is due to represent Godolphin in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on Saturday, Nov. 6, at Churchill Downs, has had a quarter crack this week.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Rising quickly in the first-crop juvenile sire standings is Bernardini. As the year winds down, he's competing for supremacy over other A.P. Indy-influenced young sires.
White Moonstone remained undefeated with determined neck victory over Together in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit