A strong middle market helped pace the 2013 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale to solid gains in both average and median April 8 in Lexington.
A Dixie Union filly and a Thewayyouare colt registered the fastest times for their respective breeze distances April 4 at the Keeneland Preview Show in advance of the April 2-year-olds in training sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
A colt by young sire Thewayyouare sold for $200,000 (US$166,561), the highest price at the first session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 30.
French group I winner Thewayyouare will shuttle to Nelson Schick's Windsor Park Stud near Cambridge, New Zealand, for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Not even a No. 1 ranking on this year's leading sires list and 23 stakes winners could keep Giant's Causeway's fee from going down for 2010.
Thewayyouare, a high-class performer at 2 in France, is being retired from racing to join the stallion team at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky. The 4-year-old will become one of the few group I-winning sons of Kingmambo available to Kentucky breeders.
The Coolmore partnership has acquired a majority interest in Thewayyouare, who won the Nov. 1 Criterium International (Fr-I).
Thewayyouare earned his first group I victory with a hard-fought win over Hello Morning in the Criterium International (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud Nov. 1.
Thewayyouare came from off the pace to capture the listed Criterium de Lyon-Prix Gan Eurocourtage at Lyon-Parilly Sept. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff