Richard L. Duchossois' homebred Apt to Be took the lead turning for home and drew off for an easy seven-length score in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Sunday (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Pure Prize lands the Classic amid shallow handicap competition; Vindication moves forward on Kentucky Cup program.
In a race absent of grade I winners, Saturday's $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic (gr. II) at Turfway Park looks to be up for grabs with grade II winner and millionaire Dollar Bill leading the list of seven possible starters. Dollar Bill, who will be reunited with jockey Pat Day, is the starting highweight at 117 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch