The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium plans to recommend a model policy on anabolic steroids later this year and also has approved a plan to establish model policies for withdrawal times for therapeutic drugs used in racehorses.
As the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force prepared to release the results of round two of its super-testing program, the University of Florida appropriately kicked off its first Equine Medical Symposium March 14 with discussion on some therapeutic medications.
Therapeutic medications will be the focus of the next round of "Super-Testing," the results of which should be available the first week of December during the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing. More than 500 blind samples remain to be tested for Class 4 medications.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29