Stronach Stable and Elfreida Stronach's Collect the Cash tracked 4-5 favorite Gaviola through moderate fractions before taking the lead in mid-stretch to win the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) by 3/4 lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
The connections of Gaviola have accepted an invitation to enter the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland on Oct. 8 and the filly is now considered a likely starter in the 1 1/8-mile turf race.
Augustin Stable's No Matter What split horses to surge to the lead and then held off Theoretically in deep stretch as horses making their North American racing debuts filled the top three finishing positions in the $250,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Sunday at Del Mar.
Nine sophomore fillies, including Trudy McCaffery and John Toffan's Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Kumari Continent, are entered to run in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Sunday at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby