Stronach Stable and Elfreida Stronach's Collect the Cash tracked 4-5 favorite Gaviola through moderate fractions before taking the lead in mid-stretch to win the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) by 3/4 lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
The connections of Gaviola have accepted an invitation to enter the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland on Oct. 8 and the filly is now considered a likely starter in the 1 1/8-mile turf race.
Augustin Stable's No Matter What split horses to surge to the lead and then held off Theoretically in deep stretch as horses making their North American racing debuts filled the top three finishing positions in the $250,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Sunday at Del Mar.
Nine sophomore fillies, including Trudy McCaffery and John Toffan's Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Kumari Continent, are entered to run in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Sunday at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park