Patiently rated at the back of the pack, Bending Strings bounded into action around the far turn, forced her way between rivals a furlong from home and drew off to win Saturday's $143,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
John Gunther's homebred Bending Strings will top a field of seven in Saturday's Safely Kept Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico. Trained by Kiaran McLaughlin, the 122-pound starting highweight will break from post seven.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund