Three Thoroughbred organizations--National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Keeneland Association, and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association--have joined forces to fund and develop TheGreatestGame, a program aimed at identifying, recruiting, and retaining new owners for the horse industry.
The Greatest Game, the Thoroughbred industry's new-owner initiative, will hold an informational session on the progress of the program Sept. 13 at the Keeneland sale pavilion. It is open to the public.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Thoroughbred industry is attempting to cultivate new owners through TheGreatestGame.com, and the results of a comprehensive survey completed by The Matrix Group of Lexington in April identify the typical horse owner.
By Victor E. Zast -- Above all, don't expect your trainer to tell you what's going on.
Three Thoroughbred organizations have joined forces to fund and develop a program aimed at identifying, recruiting, and retaining new owners for the horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant