From the time he was a youngster, trainer Gary Jones said winning the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) was his family's biggest quest.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Eclipse Award winner The Wicked North was euthanized March 24 at Hagyard Equine Medical Center near Lexington because of complications from an intestinal lipoma strangulation.
Photographer Anne Eberhardt takes a trip to Old Friends Equine Retirement Home. Read Blog
Wicked Witchcraft, dam of 1994 champion older male The Wicked North, died March 13 of natural causes at David and Marylyn Randal's Randal Farm near Fallbrook, Calif.
Turf champion Northern Spur has joined dirt champion The Wicked North for stallion duty at True North Farm near Versailles, Ky.
The Wicked North, Eclipse Award champion older male of 1994, and a leader among second-crop sires last year, has been moved from Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm in California to stand the 2001 breeding season at James and Lorna Mack's Silvernails Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala