From the time he was a youngster, trainer Gary Jones said winning the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) was his family's biggest quest.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Eclipse Award winner The Wicked North was euthanized March 24 at Hagyard Equine Medical Center near Lexington because of complications from an intestinal lipoma strangulation.
Photographer Anne Eberhardt takes a trip to Old Friends Equine Retirement Home. Read Blog
Wicked Witchcraft, dam of 1994 champion older male The Wicked North, died March 13 of natural causes at David and Marylyn Randal's Randal Farm near Fallbrook, Calif.
Turf champion Northern Spur has joined dirt champion The Wicked North for stallion duty at True North Farm near Versailles, Ky.
The Wicked North, Eclipse Award champion older male of 1994, and a leader among second-crop sires last year, has been moved from Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm in California to stand the 2001 breeding season at James and Lorna Mack's Silvernails Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze