From the time he was a youngster, trainer Gary Jones said winning the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) was his family's biggest quest.
On Memorial Day May 30, Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will have a commemorative service for the six retirees that passed away since last spring.
Eclipse Award winner The Wicked North was euthanized March 24 at Hagyard Equine Medical Center near Lexington because of complications from an intestinal lipoma strangulation.
Photographer Anne Eberhardt takes a trip to Old Friends Equine Retirement Home. Read Blog
Wicked Witchcraft, dam of 1994 champion older male The Wicked North, died March 13 of natural causes at David and Marylyn Randal's Randal Farm near Fallbrook, Calif.
Turf champion Northern Spur has joined dirt champion The Wicked North for stallion duty at True North Farm near Versailles, Ky.
The Wicked North, Eclipse Award champion older male of 1994, and a leader among second-crop sires last year, has been moved from Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm in California to stand the 2001 breeding season at James and Lorna Mack's Silvernails Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes