Horse Racing Radio Network will be on site at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale, Fla., to provide exclusive live coverage of five graded stakes over the Feb. 25-26 weekend.
Apparently, English-bred Criticism has found the footing on American soil to her liking. The Darley homebred mare, who made her North American debut this past fall, wrapped up her second consecutive graded stakes when taking the $100,000 The Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) in front-running fashion Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
Bentley Smith's homebred Lady Carlock may have a small edge in the $100,000 Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 22 at Gulfstream Park based on her victory in the Suwannee River (gr. IIIT) three weeks ago, but the wide-open turf event for fillies and mares is anyone's for the taking.
Broadway Stables' Go Go Baby Go eclipsed a Pimlico Race Course track record for five furlongs on the turf that was set only five races previously, leading every step to win the $75,000 The Very One Stakes Friday.
Merry Princess charged to a 1 ¼-length victory in the $75,000 The Very One Stakes at Pimlico on the Black-Eyed Susan undercard. Ridden by Ramon Dominguez, Merry Princess improved over her second-place finish in this race one year ago.
Continuing the string of winning favorites Friday at Pimlico, Confessional took the $75,000 guaranteed The Very One Stakes. But it wasn't easy.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com