Officials believe a massive fire Feb. 4 at The Thoroughbred Center near Lexington was caused by an unattended candle in an apartment within the structure that also included a chaplain's office and tack and leather shop.
The first-year Darley Flying Start trainees arrived in Lexington January 6, having completed the English phase of the course in Newmarket December 19.
Keeneland and Blue Grass Farms Charities have announced a new initiative, the Backstretch CORE Program (Comprehensive Outreach and Enrichment), to provide expanded services to the Lexington track's backstretch employees.
A barn fire late Monday night killed two horses at The Thoroughbred Center near Lexington. The fire, which was contained to two stalls of a 20-stall barn adjacent to the training track, is suspected to have started near an electric fan being used to cool one of the horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Something Extra Pursues Third Connaught Win