Oblivious to a lawsuit and controversy between his connections and former trainer, James McIngvale's Runhappy is on track for the Dec. 26 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Officials believe a massive fire Feb. 4 at The Thoroughbred Center near Lexington was caused by an unattended candle in an apartment within the structure that also included a chaplain's office and tack and leather shop.
The first-year Darley Flying Start trainees arrived in Lexington January 6, having completed the English phase of the course in Newmarket December 19.
Keeneland and Blue Grass Farms Charities have announced a new initiative, the Backstretch CORE Program (Comprehensive Outreach and Enrichment), to provide expanded services to the Lexington track's backstretch employees.
A barn fire late Monday night killed two horses at The Thoroughbred Center near Lexington. The fire, which was contained to two stalls of a 20-stall barn adjacent to the training track, is suspected to have started near an electric fan being used to cool one of the horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair