Carr de Naskra, the 1984 Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner who put up solid numbers as a stallion, was euthanized Oct. 15 because of foot problems.
Entepreneur, a 6-year-old son of Cure the Blues who stood his first season at stud last year at The Stallion Park, will relocate to Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y. for the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $1,500 live foal.
New York stallion Claramount, a three-time champion in the Empire State, died Feb. 17 of a ruptured aorta
Edwin Wachtel's Claramount, 1988 New York bred Horse of the Year, died of a ruptured aorta on Feb. 17 at James Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, where he had stood since entering stud in 1990. He was 19 years old.
Stakes winner Entepreneur has been retired and will enter stud at James F. Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, N.Y.
The initial findings from an autopsy on Dixie Brass, the leading sire standing in New York in 2001, were unable to determine a cause for his death.
Karen Murphy, an attorney representing owner Michael Watral, said she is coordinating an investigation into the unexpected death Jan. 28 of leading New York stallion Dixie Brass.
Millionaire Thunder Rumble, whose big wins came at Saratoga in the Travers Stakes (gr. I), Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II), and Saratoga Cup Handicap, has returned to James F. Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, N.Y., where he stood his first four seasons at stud.
Prominent New York stallion Dixie Brass, who was taken last week to Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine because of a swollen throat, got a clean bill of health on Feb. 15.
Prominent New York stallion Dixie Brass will stand the 2001 breeding season at James F. Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24