The "Racing Post," Great Britain's daily racing paper, has been bought as expected by an Irish private equity investment firm, but the price of Â£170 million ($340 million) is less than owner Trinity Mirror had hoped for.
The Sportsman, Britain's first new daily newspaper for almost 20 years, ceased business on Thursday, Oct. 5 after less than seven months of publication following its failure to secure new funding.
The Sportsman, Britain's newest daily sports newspaper, went into administration on Thursday, July 20, just four months after the sports betting tabloid first went on sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew