Funny Cide's bid to win the Triple Crown in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on Saturday is turning New York into a "one-horse town." Sackatoga Stable's hero will not only bring out the equine stars to challenge him and run on the undercard, but will bring out a gaggle of luminaries from Hollywood and New York as well as heavyweights from the political arena.
Aqueduct Race Track is featured prominently in Sunday's espisode of HBO's hit show.
Cast members of the megahit HBO series "The Sopranos" were at Aqueduct Racetrack Monday taping an episode to be aired during next season's schedule. Among the more notable stars present in the Equestris dining room, where the scenes were shot, were James Gandolfini, who plays Tony Soprano, Steve Van Zandt, who plays Silvio, Joe Pantoliano, who was cast last year as Ralph, and Jerry Adler, who plays Hesh.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose