Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at state breeders associations' awards ceremonies in February.
Washington's Thoroughbred Showcase--featuring more than 30 former racehorses to prospective new owners--will be held Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the WTBOA Sales Pavilion at Emerald Downs.
Beginning with the 2008 season, horse owners at Emerald Downs can make contributions to accredited Thoroughbred rescue, retirement and rehabilitation facilities through a voluntary $1 per start minimum contribution from their horsemen's bookkeeper accounts.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death