Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at state breeders associations' awards ceremonies in February.
Washington's Thoroughbred Showcase--featuring more than 30 former racehorses to prospective new owners--will be held Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the WTBOA Sales Pavilion at Emerald Downs.
Beginning with the 2008 season, horse owners at Emerald Downs can make contributions to accredited Thoroughbred rescue, retirement and rehabilitation facilities through a voluntary $1 per start minimum contribution from their horsemen's bookkeeper accounts.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day