Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at state breeders associations' awards ceremonies in February.
Washington's Thoroughbred Showcase--featuring more than 30 former racehorses to prospective new owners--will be held Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the WTBOA Sales Pavilion at Emerald Downs.
Beginning with the 2008 season, horse owners at Emerald Downs can make contributions to accredited Thoroughbred rescue, retirement and rehabilitation facilities through a voluntary $1 per start minimum contribution from their horsemen's bookkeeper accounts.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador