Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at state breeders associations' awards ceremonies in February.
Washington's Thoroughbred Showcase--featuring more than 30 former racehorses to prospective new owners--will be held Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the WTBOA Sales Pavilion at Emerald Downs.
Beginning with the 2008 season, horse owners at Emerald Downs can make contributions to accredited Thoroughbred rescue, retirement and rehabilitation facilities through a voluntary $1 per start minimum contribution from their horsemen's bookkeeper accounts.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen