Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at state breeders associations' awards ceremonies in February.
Washington's Thoroughbred Showcase--featuring more than 30 former racehorses to prospective new owners--will be held Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the WTBOA Sales Pavilion at Emerald Downs.
Beginning with the 2008 season, horse owners at Emerald Downs can make contributions to accredited Thoroughbred rescue, retirement and rehabilitation facilities through a voluntary $1 per start minimum contribution from their horsemen's bookkeeper accounts.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa