Trainer Bob Baffert's Da Stoops, winner of his last two stakes races by a combined 16 ¼ lengths, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in the Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Your Tent Or Mine, the longest shot in the five-horse $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, rallied between horses in upper stretch and carried jockey Patrick Valenzuela to a convincing win Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Six untried juveniles with designs on next month's Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), will attempt to bolster their reputations on Saturday in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at seven furlongs.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) winner Stevie Wonderboy passed Sunday's Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, leaving a wide open field in the 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds.
Merv Griffin's favored Stevie Wonderboy circled the field on the turn for home and overwhelmed a full field under a steady ride from Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day at the seaside Wednesday.
Eleven juveniles, including five maidens, are scheduled to go to the post Wednesday in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) to be run at 7 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Fair Grounds Horses Nearing Release From Quarantine
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Guest Suite’s Class Can Prevail in LeComte Stakes (G3)
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al