Trainer Bob Baffert's Da Stoops, winner of his last two stakes races by a combined 16 ¼ lengths, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in the Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Your Tent Or Mine, the longest shot in the five-horse $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, rallied between horses in upper stretch and carried jockey Patrick Valenzuela to a convincing win Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Six untried juveniles with designs on next month's Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), will attempt to bolster their reputations on Saturday in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at seven furlongs.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) winner Stevie Wonderboy passed Sunday's Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, leaving a wide open field in the 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds.
Merv Griffin's favored Stevie Wonderboy circled the field on the turn for home and overwhelmed a full field under a steady ride from Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day at the seaside Wednesday.
Eleven juveniles, including five maidens, are scheduled to go to the post Wednesday in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) to be run at 7 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat