Trainer Bob Baffert's Da Stoops, winner of his last two stakes races by a combined 16 ¼ lengths, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in the Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Your Tent Or Mine, the longest shot in the five-horse $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) for 2-year-olds, rallied between horses in upper stretch and carried jockey Patrick Valenzuela to a convincing win Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Six untried juveniles with designs on next month's Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), will attempt to bolster their reputations on Saturday in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at seven furlongs.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) winner Stevie Wonderboy passed Sunday's Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, leaving a wide open field in the 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds.
Merv Griffin's favored Stevie Wonderboy circled the field on the turn for home and overwhelmed a full field under a steady ride from Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day at the seaside Wednesday.
Eleven juveniles, including five maidens, are scheduled to go to the post Wednesday in the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) to be run at 7 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- The Outcrossing Advantage
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Brown Brings Talent Times Two Into F&M Turf
- High-Risk Gamble with Fiesolana Pays Off
- TOBA October Member of the Month
- Drug Tests Help Protect Integrity of California Horse Racing
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse