Edith Dixon's Smart Enough is the most accomplished horse in a full field of older turf sprinters, and will carry a top weight of 121 pounds in the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
Live Oak Plantation's homebred Stradivinsky will take on seven sprint rivals, including three shippers, in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) Sunday on the turf at Woodbine.
Unbridled Sidney, Churchill Downs turf course record holder at five furlongs, makes her first start in six months Friday when she faces males in the $150,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at her favorite distance.
Rodney J. Winkler's Colorado homebred The Nth Degree seized the lead less than 100 yards from the wire and tenaciously held on for a neck victory in the $110,200 Shakertown (gr. III) for sprinters on the Keeneland turf Sunday.
Sgt. Bert, who holds Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong course record, is among the eight sprinters who will meet in the $100,000-added Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 15, a 5 1/2-furlong race on turf.
Australian-bred Man of Illusion, third most recently in the Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in Friday's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- PA Report Shows Impact of Slots on Purses
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle