NBC Sports reported that its live coverage of the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on NBC averaged 16 million viewers, up 4% from 15.3 million last year, according to information from The Nielsen Company.
NBC's coverage of the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) drew an overnight rating of 10.1, down slightly from the 10.4 rating last year, with the market share unchanged at 23%.
Viewership for the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on NBC was up 12% from last year and 62% from 2010, according to official data provided by The Nielsen Company June 12.
Television viewership was up 2% for the 2012 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), while the share of viewers watching the race rose 6%, making I'll Have Another's victory the third-highest watched since Sunday Silence in 1989.
NBC Sports' June 11 telecast of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) saw substantial ratings increases over the 2010 edition on ABC, according to data from The Nielsen Company.
The Nielsen Company reported that 16.5 million viewers watched the May 1 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on NBC, a slight improvement over 2009's numbers.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt