The New York Racing Association posted an 11.5% gain in total handle during the recently concluded Belmont Park fall meet, which ran 36 days from Sept. 8 to Oct. 28.
A group of Thoroughbred industry stakeholders announced Feb. 9 the establishment of the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, an organization designed to serve the accrediting body for aftercare facilities and fundraising.
The New York Racing Association announced new hours of operation for simulcasting at Aqueduct and the Belmont CafÃ©, and will suspend bus service from New York City Off-Track Betting parlor locations Dec. 20â€"28.
NYRA is hoping for a deal as early as next week to get the defunct New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s television channel turned back on and is working with state officials to get permission to offer live video streaming.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board on July 22 revoked the license of owner Ernie Paragallo, whose Paraneck Stable sent out numerous stakes horses over the years.
The New York Racing Association announced that it will no longer allow bettors to make an alternate runner selection for Pick 6 wagers, beginning with Saturday's card at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill