Al Shaqab Racing's British-based Toronado is being aimed for the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) Nov. 1 after missing last year's World Championships to continue his recovery from throat surgery.
Al Shaqab Racing's group I-winning miler Toronado, who is possible for the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot in October, will take up stud duty in 2015 at The National Stud in Newmarket.
Group I winner Dick Turpin has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at The National Stud near Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- Ellis Park, RaceTech Extend Contract