The English Jockey Club announced Jan. 20 the appointment of Tim Lane to join The National Stud as its new stud manager.
Champion Untapable, winner of the 2014 Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), will be bred to unbeaten champion Frankel for her initial mating in 2017, according to David Fiske, manager of owner Winchell Thoroughbreds.
Trainer Wesley Ward believes his unbeaten juvenile filly Lady Aurelia just might run of the best race of her young career in the Connolly's Red Mills Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) Sept. 24 at Newmarket.
Al Shaqab Racing's British-based Toronado is being aimed for the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) Nov. 1 after missing last year's World Championships to continue his recovery from throat surgery.
Al Shaqab Racing's group I-winning miler Toronado, who is possible for the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot in October, will take up stud duty in 2015 at The National Stud in Newmarket.
Group I winner Dick Turpin has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at The National Stud near Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan