The Name's Jimmy, who set a stakes record in the 1992 American Derby (gr. IIT), was euthanized March 7 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky. due to increasingly severe mobility issues.
Millionaire Western Pride, along with Irish Road and The Name's Jimmy, will stand in 2006 at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Grade II winner The Name's Jimmy has been relocated to Michelle Rodriguez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La., from Hill 'N Dale Farm near Barrington, Ill.
Making her second start in the U. S., Japanese-bred mare Festival rallied to post a six-length victory in Monday's $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. III), the closing day feature of the Hollywood Park meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds