The Name's Jimmy, who set a stakes record in the 1992 American Derby (gr. IIT), was euthanized March 7 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky. due to increasingly severe mobility issues.
Millionaire Western Pride, along with Irish Road and The Name's Jimmy, will stand in 2006 at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Grade II winner The Name's Jimmy has been relocated to Michelle Rodriguez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La., from Hill 'N Dale Farm near Barrington, Ill.
Making her second start in the U. S., Japanese-bred mare Festival rallied to post a six-length victory in Monday's $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. III), the closing day feature of the Hollywood Park meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby