The Name's Jimmy, who set a stakes record in the 1992 American Derby (gr. IIT), was euthanized March 7 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky. due to increasingly severe mobility issues.
Millionaire Western Pride, along with Irish Road and The Name's Jimmy, will stand in 2006 at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Grade II winner The Name's Jimmy has been relocated to Michelle Rodriguez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La., from Hill 'N Dale Farm near Barrington, Ill.
Making her second start in the U. S., Japanese-bred mare Festival rallied to post a six-length victory in Monday's $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. III), the closing day feature of the Hollywood Park meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa