The Name's Jimmy, who set a stakes record in the 1992 American Derby (gr. IIT), was euthanized March 7 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky. due to increasingly severe mobility issues.
Millionaire Western Pride, along with Irish Road and The Name's Jimmy, will stand in 2006 at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Grade II winner The Name's Jimmy has been relocated to Michelle Rodriguez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La., from Hill 'N Dale Farm near Barrington, Ill.
Making her second start in the U. S., Japanese-bred mare Festival rallied to post a six-length victory in Monday's $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. III), the closing day feature of the Hollywood Park meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Filly First Winner for Line of David