The Race Track Chaplaincy of America will again give away hundreds of turkeys this week at Aqueduct Racetrack, Belmont Park, and Saratoga Race Course to needy families within the New York Thoroughbred industry.
Here is the text of a "position paper" released by James L. Gagliano, president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club as part of that organization's campaign for medication reform.
The Jockey Club Foundation, a charitable trust that assists individuals in the Thoroughbred community, announced it has has been renamed The Jockey Club Safety Net Foundation, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014