The Jockey Club of Canada Board of Stewards is proud to announce that Frank Stronach will be presented with the E.P. Taylor Award of Merit for his longtime involvement and commitment to Thoroughbred Racing in Canada.
One new steward and eight new members were appointed to The Jockey Club of Canada during the annual meeting of the members in June at Woodbine,
The Queen's Plate and Woodbine Oaks winner has been nominated for top 3-year-old filly and female turf horse honors. The Jockey Club of Canada has announced all the Sovereign Award finalists for its 17 championship divisions.
The Jockey Club of Canada will host the 39th Annual Sovereign Awards party to honor the Canadian champions of 2013. It will be held Friday, April 11 at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto.
The Jockey Club of Canada will host its 38th annual Sovereign Awards ceremony to honor the Canadian champions of 2012 at Woodbine Racetrack on the eve of the start of its live Thoroughbred race meet.
At the annual meeting of members of The Jockey Club of Canada June 25 at Woodbine Racetrack, three new stewards and 22 new members were appointed to the organization.
The Jockey Club of Canada has named Stacie Roberts as its new executive director.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Canadian Graded Stakes Committee has released its 2004 list of graded stakes, which numbers 38 races, with three graded I events, the Pattison Canadian International, Atto Mile, and E.P. Taylor, all of which are contested at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes