The Jockey Club has announced that the 2016 edition of the Fact Book is available in the Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
The Jockey Club announced March 2 that the 2015 edition of the Fact Book is available in the Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
Statistics contained in The Jockey Club's 2009 "Online Fact Book," released Feb. 27 on the organization's Web site, reveal the extent to which the weakening global economy affected Thoroughbred breeding, racing, and sales in North America in 2008.
Statistics in The Jockey Club's 2008 online fact book, which was released Feb. 14 and is available through the publications and resources section of the organization's website at http://www.jockeyclub.com, reaffirm the beneficial impact of "racinos" on state Thoroughbred racing and breeding industries.
The number of mares bred in Kentucky in 2002 -- the year after mare reproductive loss syndrome first hit -- fell by 3.4% from 2001, but the state's broodmare population remains 33% higher than it was a decade earlier, according to figures released by The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting