The Jockey Club has announced that the 2016 edition of the Fact Book is available in the Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
The Jockey Club announced March 2 that the 2015 edition of the Fact Book is available in the Resources section of its website at jockeyclub.com.
Statistics contained in The Jockey Club's 2009 "Online Fact Book," released Feb. 27 on the organization's Web site, reveal the extent to which the weakening global economy affected Thoroughbred breeding, racing, and sales in North America in 2008.
Statistics in The Jockey Club's 2008 online fact book, which was released Feb. 14 and is available through the publications and resources section of the organization's website at http://www.jockeyclub.com, reaffirm the beneficial impact of "racinos" on state Thoroughbred racing and breeding industries.
The number of mares bred in Kentucky in 2002 -- the year after mare reproductive loss syndrome first hit -- fell by 3.4% from 2001, but the state's broodmare population remains 33% higher than it was a decade earlier, according to figures released by The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift