German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
A massive public gamble was landed Saturday at Britain's Epsom Downs when Kris Kin came late to secure a decisive victory in the Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I). Owner Saeed Suhail had paid £90,000 to supplement Kris Kin for the race, even though he had been entered originally as a yearling at a cost of only £310 and subsequently scratched last autumn.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego