Patricia Murphy's Irish Toast, the 2009 Washington Broodmare of the Year, has been pensioned and will spend her retirement time at her owner's Time Wise Farm near La Center in the Evergreen State.
Positive ontrack signals at Emerald Downs, Hastings Park, may add some pop to the 120-yearling WTOBA yearling sale Sept. 6 in Auburn, Wash.
Wasserman and The Great Face, the last two winners of the Longacres Mile (gr. III), were on the track Feb 2 as Emerald Downs opened for training in advance of the 2009 racing season.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has named Ron Crockett's The Great Face 2007 horse of the year, handicap male, and sprinter.
Pacesetting The Great Face refused to give way when collared by favored Raise the Bluff mid-stretch, fighting back to win the $391,250 Longacres Mile Breeders' Cup Presented by TVG (gr. III) by a head on a sloppy track at Seattle's Emerald Downs Aug. 19.
Raise the Bluff returns to his favorite track, Emerald Downs, as the 3-1 morning line choice for the $400,000 Longacres Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap Presented by TVG (gr. III) Aug. 19.
The Great Face made Emerald Downs' opening night of racing for 2007 one to remember when he tied the world record for 5 1/2 furlongs in the feature race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory