Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens pulled off an upset with First Blush in the Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) on opening day (Jan. 3) at Gulfstream Park and will try to pull off a couple more surprises when he saddles horses in two stakes races this weekend at the South Florida racetrack.
Trainer Mike Gorham will have a "fresh" horse when he starts John D. Murphy and Old Coach Farms' Bruanna in Sunday's $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
The stakes winning mare Another injured herself while preparing for the recent The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream and will likely be retired, said trainer T.V. Smith.
Trainer Mark Hennig is entering a pair of multiple stakes winners, Raging Fever and Gold Mover, in the $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs on Friday at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake