Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens pulled off an upset with First Blush in the Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) on opening day (Jan. 3) at Gulfstream Park and will try to pull off a couple more surprises when he saddles horses in two stakes races this weekend at the South Florida racetrack.
Trainer Mike Gorham will have a "fresh" horse when he starts John D. Murphy and Old Coach Farms' Bruanna in Sunday's $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
The stakes winning mare Another injured herself while preparing for the recent The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream and will likely be retired, said trainer T.V. Smith.
Trainer Mark Hennig is entering a pair of multiple stakes winners, Raging Fever and Gold Mover, in the $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs on Friday at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout